Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2007

St. Francis D’Assisi Church



St. Francis D’Assisi Catholic Church located at 1060 Wellingtons St. Ottawa.


The sun was just about to set and it cast a warm glow on the front of the church, which gave a nice contrast to the cooler and darkening sky. The feathery clouds were just coming over the top and for me this really establishes the scene.

In this photo I wanted to capture a more dramatic effect of the towering height and the majesty of the front of the building than a normal architectural shot from across the street and therefore I decided to get close and look up.

Only a wide angle lens (Sigma 10-20mm) would be able to capture the entire image at this close a range as I am standing only a bout 20ft from the front of the building, near the top of the steps.

I angled the church a little to try and make it appear a bit more towering and to add a little drama to its appearance.

The lens gave more keystone effect than I wanted and I used Photoshop to correct a bit of this I enjoyed how the feathery clouds were just coming over the top. I used to RAW smart layers, one to warm the front a little more and the other to cool the sky more to better reflect what I saw at the time.

Niels Henriksen

Photo Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory



No comments:

Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails